Here is what a great facial can provide over and above a relaxing experience:
- Thoroughly cleanse skin.
- Softening and removal of blackheads and whiteheads (called milia) via manual extraction.
- Temporary improvement of severely dehydrated skin with rich, emollient nourishing masks that begin restoring skin's natural barrier function.
- Plumping skin with a well-formulated moisturizer, which temporarily smooth out wrinkles.
- Exfoliating skin with a gentle scrub, a light chemical peel, or a peel-off mask to achieve a smoother surface.
- Help to fade brown discolorations, improve skin tone, and significantly reduce wrinkles with a professional-strength AHA or BHA treatment.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, make sure to have a well-formulated sunscreen applied after your facial. The sunscreen should contain only titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as active ingredients to eliminate any risk of irritation, especially given that most women's skin is more sensitive right after having a facial.
It's important to keep in mind that what you do daily to take care of your skin is more important than what you do occasionally, but the combination of a great facial and a great skin-care routine can have impressive results.
For most skin types a great facial should include gentle exfoliation with a properly formulated alpha hydroxy acid (AHA, active ingredient is glycolic or lactic acid) or beta hydroxy acid (BHA, active ingredient is salicylic acid) product. These are truly anti-aging, as they effectively reveal younger skin, even out skin tone, and build collagen. A facial also should include an antioxidant treatment, along with information on why antioxidants are so important for healthy skin. They not only repair damaged skin cells, but also help prevent further damage to the skin.
A great facial recommended for all skin types is the Organic Ormedic Facial. The Organic Ormedic Facial is a blend of papayas, pineapple, and mango, this non-chemical peel naturally re-balances, regenerates, and restores your skin using organic ingredients with medical effectiveness.